JATS is the international NISO Z39.96-2015 standard, which defines a set of XML elements and attributes for journal article tagging. It is a continuation of the NLM (National Library of Medicine of the United States) metadata scheme, initiated in 2002 by PubMed Central, becoming the actual standard for scientific literature.
- Files tagged in XML under the JATS standard.
- Valid files that pass the PMC XML Validator; a guarantee of compliance with the standard.
- Complete tagging of header, full text, references and supplements.
- It includes detailed tagging of tables and images, as well as advanced tagging of formulas and mathematical operations with MathML.
- Compatible with direct uploading to OJS.