Meet the JATS XML technology and the benefits it brings to the edition of scientific journals.
- Indexing: with JATS XML the different scientific information systems can harvest and import the metadata of each published article and reflect them in accurate metrics.
- Harvesting: with JATS XML your journal can stand out from the magnitude of information on the Internet. Tagging and markup in JATS XML allows search engines -bots, spiders, etc.- to immediately and efficiently find and retrieve article content.
Visualization and ubiquity: JATS XML is the DNA of the scientific article, the code behind the scientific information that allows multiple processes to be supported, including the simultaneous generation of different reading formats, focused on the needs of each user.
- Indicators: the data structure in JATS XML allows transparent harvesting for the generation of various bibliometric publication indicators useful for decision making.
- OJS: both the JATS XML files through the LENS reader, as well as the generated reading products (PDF, HTML, EPUB, LEA), are perfectly compatible with the OJS content manager.
The JATS (Journal Article Tag Suite) is the technical standard based on the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) specific for scientific journals, which defines the set of particular tags -metadata- for articles.
- The content is separated from any notion of presentation.
- It is an international platform-independent standard.
- Open format that can be interpreted by any application.
- It can be exchanged between systems including those not designed for this purpose.
- It is a structured format that allows preservation in a transparent form.
WE HAVE MORE TO TELL YOU
What is the cost-benefit of implementing this technology?
Cygnusmind’s technological processes save economic resources and time. We start from the author’s original text, we mark it in XML-JATS and we convert it to PDF, HTML, ePUB and Adaptive Rich Reader, in hypertext presentation. This reduces the time for galley control, which is done only once, and the use of technologies, since with a single marking of the XML JATS file, the different reading formats are generated.
Does it respond to the speed of my editorial flow?
The process of marking JATS XML and generating the reading formats takes 15 to 20 days for a number of 10 to 15 articles on average.
Can I integrate it into my content manager?
Cygnusmind XML files are compatible with the OJS system’s LENS reader. In addition, the reading formats generated from JATS XML are compatible with any content manager.
How are Cygnusmind XML JATS different from others?
Cygnusmind has developed a quality control process that ensures our files meet the highest standards and pass the NISO and JATS4REUSE validators.
Does it suit my editorial project?
The workflow developed by Cygnusmind adapts to different work styles and adapts to the needs of each editorial team.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org